What is mystery illness?
If you’ve been searching for health answers for far too long, you’re not alone. Mystery illness isn’t just for rare diseases, or symptoms that don’t yet have a name. Mystery illness can be (and is) a chronic condition for which there’s no effective treatment of the true root cause.
Millions of people suffer from unexplained symptoms and mystery illness. You might be one of them.
And if you think this mystery illness label doesn’t fit for you, because you have a diagnosis, you are misguided.
Case in point: millions have been told they have an “auto-immune” condition. The idea that the body attacks itself was a THEORY, and it gained a stronghold because the REAL root cause was not known. Don’t believe me? Do a quick google search of “autoimmune theory” and you will easily get pages of these:
- Autoimmune theory of disease. Autoimmune diseases are thought to arise from an overactive immune response of the body against substances and tissues normally present in the body. The autoimmune disease theory has yet to present a satisfactory reason, evolutionary or otherwise, why an immune system would attack human tissue. (https://mpkb.org/home/alternate/autoimmunity)
- The autoimmune theory proposes that the immune system is programmed so that it is no longer able to faultlessly distinguish foreign proteins from the body’s own proteins. If this happens the body’s immune system will attack and destroy its own cells. (https://courses.lumenlearning.com/ap1x2-91/chapter/theory-8-autoimmune-theory/)
- The autoimmune theory of aging, introduced by Roy L. Walford in 1969, asserts that with age, the immune system tends to lose efficiency and experiences widespread dysfunction, evidenced by autoimmunity (immune reactions against one’s own body proteins) and a decreased ability to respond to infection and other immune challenges. (https://link.springer.com/referenceworkentry/10.1007/978-0-387-33754-8_46)
- Many of the theories about the causes of autoimmune diseases invoke a preceding infection (such as a viral infection) as the initiating factor. An excellent review of these theories can be read in this paper. An Example of The Causality Theories: Molecular Mimicry. (https://pathology.jhu.edu/autoimmune/causes/)
Doctors sound silly when they say “we just don’t know” and it’s easier to blame you, and your body (and your genes), than admit that they don’t really know why you don’t feel well.
I do not believe God created our bodies to attack themselves. Look around at the beauty He created – from the moon and stars, to the mountains and prairies, to the oceans and rivers, and alllllll the different animal species on earth. He knows how many hairs are on your head at this exact moment! Miracles abound, and yet He is ultimately to blame for our misery, since He created us? If you step away from the medical matrix of thinking, do you really believe God created your body to fail?
If God is for us, who could be against us.
I’m lovingly going to suggest you re-think who God is, and what He is capable of. And all the thought He put into creation, including you and me. He knows the beginning from the end right? Maybe the one making the mistake isn’t God after all…..
If you’ve been told you have eczema or acne, know that those are just a tag/label. Does it tell you WHY your skin is the way it is??? No. But somehow we feel better if we have a diagnosis right? I know. I was there too. You can read more about my health challenges in 2015, in Part 1 and Part 2.
What is the truth about fibromyalgia? We had over 50 years of medical denial that it even existed. Now that enough people have complained with similar symptoms, it was given status as an “auto-immune” condition with the working theory that the body is attacking the nerves. Again, using a THEORY that was proposed and gained a stronghold because the real root cause is/was not yet known. (I realize I’m swimming upstream, against everything I was taught and that you’ve been told, but just because we’ve been taught something does not make it the truth.)
What is the truth about menopausal symptoms? Neuropathy conditions? Fatigue, heart palpitations, weight gain or loss, mental illness….these are merely labels (diagnosis) but they are still a mystery for WHY they are happening, and treatments fail as often as they are successful.
To be clear, I am not saying that any of these conditions aren’t real, or serious. I am saying that we are NOT talking about the REAL root causes of chronic (mystery) illness.
Root causes of chronic disease/mystery illness:
- Pathogens (bacteria, viruses, and at times fungus).
Toxins and pathogens are the real root causes of chronic (mystery) illness. It’s simple yet complex all at the same time. There are hundreds of thousands of chemicals. And pathogens keep mutating. There are over 60 strains of the Epstein Barr Virus, plus multiple strains of herpes viruses in general, and thousands of strains of the streptococcus bacteria.
Whether we have vibrant health or not, boils down to:
1. having a strong immune system, and not feeding the pathogens which perpetuates the problem, and
2. allowing our bodies to process and excrete dangerous chemicals that hold us down.
Even if your condition doesn’t seem related to this directly, I’d like to challenge you to consider either toxins or pathogens, as I would bet there’s a connection. Because even things like kidney disease or gout can be the result of too much protein, day after day, year after year. In this scenario, protein (especially animal protein) becomes a toxin.
COPD? Have toxins damaged the lungs? I’d venture a yes, and if so, we can support the body so that it can process and eliminate toxins and heal. Just like our body festers around a splinter, because it knows that foreign object doesn’t belong there right? And certainly pathogens get in lungs if you think about pneumonia and bronchitis.
When I was diagnosed with Lyme disease, and then Epstein Barr Virus, I spent hundreds (more like thousands) of hours reviewing the medical literature to back up what I read about pathogens in Anthony Williams book “Secrets behind chronic and mystery illness and how to finally heal“. Science isn’t perfect and does not have all of the answers, but I saw enough research associating pathogens and “auto-immune” diseases that I knew Anthony was right. Pathogens were a root cause of chronic (mystery) illness.
And I was already versed in how toxins are a root cause of chronic disease, thanks to my post-graduate education at Bastyr University and the Institute for Functional Medicine Detox Module.
If we were to gather up all of the chronic illness conditions today, we’d find that the majority of them actually are a medical mystery, because the root causes and solutions are (probably known) but not acknowledged by the medical industry. It’s very common that you do in fact receive a diagnosis, and are prescribed all the “correct medicine”, but you continue to struggle with your health. (If we truly cured people, the medical industrial complex would certainly change now, wouldn’t it?)
Medical science is quite advanced in some ways. We have incredible technology when people are involved in car accidents, or need a heart transplant. But with chronic (mystery) illness, the causes of the symptoms aren’t evident, and there certainly isn’t a healing path for a full, medication-free, future.
Types of Mystery Illness
Mystery illness is when you know, without a doubt, that something is wrong in regards to your health, but when you see your healthcare provider, you are either told that:
- Your tests are normal, “you are fine”, and “nothing is wrong”
- You get a label, but the treatment is ineffective. The prescribed treatment either makes no difference, or makes matters worse.
- You get a diagnosis, but it’s wrong. For example, your hormones are blamed for your hot flashes, when in fact the root cause is either your liver or your adrenals not performing optimally.
- You get a label, like hypothyroidism, but the real true cause is not known or acknowledged. You might be told your body is attacking itself, or that you just need to learn to manage the pain.
Chronic and Mystery Illness Triggers
This is an endless list, but common triggers that perpetuate or accelerate the root causes of chronic illness/mystery illness include:
- Stress. Stress makes everything worse. Adrenaline is certainly necessary to get us through an acute situation, but it is not healthy to have this toxic adrenaline circulating through the bloodstream, damaging every cell and organ it comes into contact with, 24/7. Plus, pathogens have learned how to use adrenaline to their advantage, which doesn’t help things.
- Diet. As a holistically trained nutritionist, I have written extensively on this subject. I will link several blogs at the end of this post to expand your education. Diet can be a root cause (you eat crap, loaded with toxins like artificial colors, flavors, GMO ingredients, processed ingredients, “natural flavors” which are not natural at all. But mostly, a bad diet will accentuate the other root causes.
- Mold. Not everyone gets sick from mold exposure. I can’t tell you how many times there is mold present in a home and usually, the husband is fine and the wife is bedridden. What this really means is that mold is the final straw for someone. Women experience more chronic illness than men, which is another story, but there are reasons for this (and it’s not her fault!)
- A large toxic exposure. This could be someone getting their yard sprayed, or was in the wrong place when a crop duster came by… This is a lot like mold exposure in that it can be the last straw for a person.
- A medical procedure. It might be surgery, and the anesthesia which takes time for the body to process and eliminate. It could be the flu shot, or the new experimental covid jabs which are not yet FDA approved, and creating all kinds of mystery illness. Watch for the epidemic of “auto-immune diseases” to start about 6 -12 months from now.
How to Heal, When You Have Mystery or Chronic Illness
So many people with chronic illness aren’t getting better. It’s time for this to change. There are NO limits to recovery. Your body knows how to heal, and healing from chronic (mystery) illness can exceed your expectations.
I was honored to be selected as one of the 250 practitioners worldwide when Anthony Williams (aka Medical Medium) opened up a Medical Medium Practitioner Training and Support Group in 2016. We were able to have (1) one-on-one with Anthony, and ask our personal questions. And then we had many calls where we submitted our questions and he reviewed them, and shared the answers in recordings for us. I am a huge fan, and I believe in the depths of my soul his job on earth is to help us find the truth in the medical mayhem out there.
He has simple free diet-based solutions that anyone can implement. Know this: You CAN heal. Millions of people ARE healing. Things I didn’t even know could be reversed, before finding Anthony. His info is easy to find, and I’m here to help with customized treatment plans if you need me. Now that there are 5 books, 100+ radio shows, and hundreds and hundreds of live events, it can be a little overwhelming to get started or follow out the healing path on your own.
I said I would provide you some other diet-articles, so here you are. Check these out to learn more:
- How toxins affect your health
- 4 ways BPA is wreaking havoc on your body
- What is the healthiest diet plan?
- Why diet plays a role in immune health
- Update: what I have healed as of 5/2021