A simple weeknight dinner or make ahead lunch for the fall- enjoy!
4 sweet potatoes (scrubbed/washed)
1/2 a red onion, chopped
1 yellow bell pepper, diced
1/2 a red apple, diced
1/2 cup cranberries, fresh or dried
3 cups chopped kale
salt and pepper to taste
~4 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prick the potatoes with a fork, and lightly coat with ~2 Tbsp coconut oil. Bake for about 45-60 minutes until soft all the way through. You don’t want to overbake or the skins will be too soft. Allow to cool slightly before stuffing and serving.
- Add the red onion to the skillet and cook until fragrant.
- Add apples, peppers, and cranberries to the onion mixture. Cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, scoop out the sweet potato from the skin, mix with your cooked ingredients and then stuff back in the skin.
Recipe adapted from Civilized Caveman Cooking