Corona Virus – Solutions So You Stay Safe!
Aloha! Johny and I are safe and sound back from our trip to Hawaii. We had a good time seeing his side of the family and we enjoying the sun, the vitamin D it offers, and the beach! ?
After a family wedding in the Lahaina area, we moved to the Kaanapali beach. We hadn’t rented a car and we enjoyed walking the majority of the time. What a gift to live in temperate weather and where walking is convenient!
Here’s a shot the night of the wedding!
Back to business…..it’s February 2020 and you’re likely aware of the CoronaVirus by now. If fear is brewing, I’m here with peace and solutions for you.
There ARE natural, safe solutions without having to spend a lot of money. You do not have to be the next victim to this or any other pathogen threatening your health!
Over the years, I have guided many people through the process of prevention and treatment of pathogen-related illness.
And of course my own recovery from Lyme and Epstein Barr Virus centered around understanding and treating the pathogens involved. Knowing what I know now, I have staved off flu’s for years.
Corona Virus (and all) Flu Prevention:
Eat a diet rich in fruits, veggies, and leafy greens What I mean is something like 10 or 15 servings a day. Don’t let that scare you. Each serving size is different but a serving is often 1/2 cup (1 cup if it’s leafy like spinach or lettuce). If you spread your produce throughout the day, it’s easy!
- Start with a green smoothie (24 oz fruit + 4-8 oz of leafy greens).
- Lunch on a salad and fruit (4-8 oz of butter lettuce + 12 oz of fruit + 2 oz dressing).
- Snack on 12 oz fruit and celery or cucumber sticks in the afternoon.
- Dine on a 8 oz baked potato with 2 oz of avocado as your fat, eat another small salad, and load up on any variety of steamed veggies. Things like asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, beets, etc.
Be sure to get enough to eat!
The number one mistake people make when transitioning to a plant based diet is they don’t eat enough. By 3 PM they are ready to eat anything that crosses their path. But if you pay attention to the serving sizes I outlined, you will be getting more food than you can probably eat, and it’s loaded with nutrients way more powerful than any multi-vitamin!
Real food ALWAYS beats a pill or a powder!
More diet tips for a healthy immune system:
?Keep the animal foods, dressings, sauces, cheese’s and fatty additives to a minimum. All of that fat thickens the blood and makes it harder for your immune cells (white blood cells, neutrophils, macrophages, lymphocytes…) to swim in the bloodstream and fight your battles.
?Drink your celery juice every morning since it kills pathogens.
?Stay hydrated. Drink 2-4 quarts of filtered water a day and remember to add fresh lemon or lime, and some raw wild honey, to it. A great strategy is to drink 2 quarts of water as soon as you wake up. It’s not so hard to drink it on an empty stomach. Flush flush flush!
?If you want to go the extra mile, blend a 2″ knob of ginger with 2 quarts of water in your high powered blender. Strain. Then add your lemon or lime juice. Ginger is a powerful anti-viral food.
?Add garlic and onions to everything that makes sense….hummus, DIY salad dressings, homemade veggie soups and veggie broths. You can also juice garlic in combination with an orange, a small knob of ginger, and a small knob of turmeric. I’ve done turmeric-ginger shots and it’s actually pretty delicious!
?Take (Good State) ionic zinc concentrate daily. It’s the number 1 supplement your immune system needs, and you just can’t get enough via food anymore between what we’ve done the soil, and the number of pathogens our immune system is protecting us from.
?Take Ester C + Rosehips or Ester C + Bioflavanoids daily too! Vitamin C is a powerful ally but be sure to take the right form. The most common supplemental form of Vitamin C is ascorbic acid. While ascorbic acid is the most widely used form of vitamin C, it is overly acidic and difficult on the digestive system. Ester C is a buffered form of ascorbic acid which has been neutralized with calcium carbonate. Unlike ascorbic acid, this form of vitamin C has been shown to be much easier on the stomach, remains active in the body for 24 hours, and is taken up by white blood cells more readily than regular vitamin C. If you want to order the brands I use, with a 15% discount via my practitioner account, there’s more info on my “Recommended Supplements” page.
Avoiding the Corona Virus – If You Are Traveling By Plane
- Bring and use sanitizer wipes. Use them in the airport(s). Use them as you take your seat, but also after you visit the bathroom. If you “do” doTerra or Young Living, their On Guard or Thieves oils can be used or made into a spray. 20 drops in a 4 oz bottle of witch hazel. Other options are 7th generation wipes. Not perfect but an easy option. And, you could also use the Sovereign Silver spray or plain old hydrogen peroxide. Thyme is also effective and much cheaper than a MLM brand essential oil.
- Bring and use your own hand sanitizer for those bathroom trips!
- Be mindful about touching or rubbing your eyes, your nose and even your ears as they are access points.
- Bring the 2 oz bottle of Sovereign Silver with you. Put one drop in each eye and each ear every hour or two of your trip, including wait time during layovers.
- Bring the 2 oz spray bottle of Sovereign Silver and squirt a few sprays up your nose every hour or two.
- If you haven’t been nurturing your immune system prior to the trip, consider wearing a mask.
? If you’d like more info, including brands I use and dosing, read this article “6 Strategies to Stop a Flu in its Tracks” I wrote awhile back. ?
Flu free here in Montana!
America’s Plant Based Dietitian / Nutritionist
Helping YOU recover from chronic and mystery health conditions!