3 Tbsp coconut oil
3 leeks (whites only), chopped
1 sweet onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 carrots, peeled, sliced
1 butternut squash, peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
8 cups vegetable stock
2, 14 oz glass jars of diced tomatoes (Jovial is one brand)
2 sprigs fresh thyme
1 Tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
2 Tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
juice of 1/2 lemon
1. In a large soup pot, heat the coconut oil over medium heat.
2. When hot, add the leeks, garlic, and onion. Cook until onion is translucent (~5 mins).
3. Add the carrots and squash and cook for another 5 mins.
4. Add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
5. Add the tomatoes, fresh herbs, and salt and pepper. Simmer on low eat until the veggies are tender (~30 mins).
6. Add lemon juice if you wish. Serve and enjoy!
DIY (Healthy) Vegetable Broth:
8 cups water
2 onions, coarsely chopped
1 cup fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
2-3 carrots, coarsely chopped
2-3 celery stalks, coarsely chopped
2 fresh tomatoes, quartered
1 cup fresh mushrooms (or equivalent dried)
Optional depending on how you’ll use the broth: Thyme, oregano, ginger, garlic, sage..
RECIPE FROM Three Beans on a String