Enjoy this yummy recipe anytime of year, but keep it on hand for Thanksgiving too! For this recipe you may choose to mash the orange insides and then stuff it back in the skin or you can mash the whole potato. If you choose to mash the whole potato, don’t discard the skins! The skins are full of fiber and really good for your digestive system! Sweet potatoes are particularly high in vitamins A and C, and taste delicious too!
Enjoy this recipe from Paleo Leap
Makes 4 servings
- 4 individual-sized sweet potatoes
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup walnuts, pecans, or other nuts you may have on hand
- 1/3 cup craisins
- 1 apple, diced
- 1 Tbsp chives, minced
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Pierce each sweet potato all over with a fork or a knife and wrap tightly in foil.
- Place the sweet potatoes in the oven and roast for 45 to 50 minutes; then take them out and let them cool down for about 15 min.
- Cut open each potato from end to end lengthwise. Keeping the skins intact, remove the flesh carefully with a spoon, and place the flesh in a big bowl.
- Mash the potato flesh with the coconut milk, the chives, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stuff back each potato with an equal amount of the mashed filling, and top with nuts, dried craisins and apples.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon on top for extra flavor.