Beets are a favorite vegetable of ours in the summer when we can grow our own.
We love them roasted, steamed, or raw grated in a salad. And occasionally juiced too!
This recipe is quick and easy and a perfect healthy snack to munch on. Pack these with your lunches or for long road trips, serve them as an appetizer for your next dinner party, or give them to the kids as an after school snack (they’re healthier and sweet than classic potato chips).
Beets are high in folic acid which is necessary for women when they are pregnant to prevent neural tube defects. They are also a great source of B vitamins, iron, potassium, and more. Beets contain tryptophan which is a natural mood booster.
(you could also try this recipe with sweet potatoes!)
olive or coconut oil
(amounts dependent on the size of your beets and how many chips you would like to make)
1. Peel beets and cut off ends.
2. Slice beets as thin as you can, or use a mandolin slicer if you have one.
3. Place beets in a small mixing bowl and cover with enough oil to cover the beets. Sprinkle lightly with salt.
4. Arrange beets on a baking sheet in a single layer.
5. Bake at 350 for about 20-30 minutes until cooked and crisp. Flip the beets over halfway through so they cook evenly on both sides.