I love zucchini but if you’re getting as much of it in your garden as I am, you may be looking for ways to use it up! Look no further- this is a one pot meal you can make in under 30 minutes. Perfect for a healthy lunch, dinner, or summer side, this meal is loaded with Vitamins A and C and potassium and fiber. It’s gluten free, grain free, paleo, SCD legal, and vegan- what’s not to love!
Makes 4 servings
2 lbs zucchini (about 4-5 large), spiralized
1 pint organic cherry tomatoes, halved (tomatoes are on the Dirty Dozen list, buy organic when possible!)
1 large red onion, thinly sliced
4 cloves garlic, minced
~1/4 cup EVOO (or less, just to prevent sticking)
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
salt and pepper to taste
- Start by prepping – spiralizing, slicing, mincing- your ingredients.
- Heat some olive oil in a large pot over med-low heat.
- Add the garlic and onion and cook for a few minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the zucchini noodles, cover with a lid and cook for 2 minutes- stirring or tossing with tongs as needed.
- Add the halved tomatoes and cook for another 3-4 mins until the noodles are tender or cooked to your liking. Stir and toss as needed. Season with salt and pepper.
- When the noodles are cooked to your liking, remove the pot from the stove and add the basil and crushed red pepper. Enjoy!PS – It’s okay to eat your zucchini noodles (or cucumber) noodles raw and just add the cooked onion/garlic veggies to it!
Recipe from: Making Thyme for Health