Sometimes you just need a quick go-to meal. I love making this tuscan chicken dish on busy weeknights or nights I don’t feel like cooking. I usually have all the ingredients on hand and it is super easy to make. Serve as it is or over spaghetti squash. (I love rosemary and think that could be great in it too!)
1 lb chicken breast
1 onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
12 oz. sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
15 oz can of fire-roasted tomatoes
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp thyme
coconut oil for cooking
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat some oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add the chicken and brown for a few minutes on each side (you will cook it through in a later step).
3. Remove the chicken and set aside.
4. Next, brown the mushrooms for a few minutes on each side, then set aside with the chicken.
5. Add the onion to the skillet and cook until soft, add garlic and sun-dried tomatoes and saute for 2 minutes.
6. Add in the can of tomatoes and spices.
7. Add the chicken back to the mix and cook until the chicken is cooked through.
8. Return the mushrooms to the skillet and serve!
Recipe adapted from Paleo Leap