A lighter version of the classic Alfredo sauce. You’ll never know its lightened up, it tastes the same as the original! This sauce will definitely be a go-to recipe for me. Serve it with broccoli, tomatoes, chicken, or shrimp – no pasta necessary!
*Note: The longer you let the sauce simmer before adding the cheese, the thicker and creamer your sauce will be.
Yields ~1 cup of sauce
1 cup non-dairy milk
1 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil
1 1/2 Tbsp gluten free flour of choice
1/2 tsp minced garlic, or about 1/2 a clove (whatever smells or tastes like enough to you)
fresh ground pepper to taste
- Heat a medium sized pot over medium-heat.
- Melt the oil in the pot and gradually whisk in the flour.
- Gradually add the milk. Whisk until there are no lumps and until the sauce is hot.
- Allow the sauce to simmer, whisking occasionally until it reaches your desired consistency (not too long, just 5 minutes or so)
- Then add the garlic and black pepper.
- Continue to cook for 2 more minutes or until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Serve over broccoli, chicken or anything else!
Recipe adapted from Food.com.