I love using my crock pot (or InstaPot!) this time of year! It is so nice to come home to dinner already ready. This recipe uses basic ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen! Pair it up with a huge green salad and some
It’s important to get clean meat so look for pasture raised and naturally fed.
2 chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
1 onion, diced
1 Tbsp grated ginger (or 1 tsp dried)
1 large orange, zested and juice squeezed out (~ 1/4 cup of juice)
3 cloves garlic, crushed (SCD legal but higher in FODMAPS- depends on your tolerance)
1/4 cup veggie broth
1 tsp chili flakes
3 Tbsp honey or maple syrup (use honey if you are on the SCD diet)
1/2 tsp paprika
2 tsp sesame Oil
1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- Place chicken breast pieces into the bottom of a large crock pot (4 quart).
- Add all ingredients except the sesame oil and sesame seeds to the crock pot. Toss with the chicken until well mixed. (You could also mix the sauce separately and then add it to the chicken.)
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-6 hours.
- When the chicken is ready, stir the sesame oil and seeds into the chicken.
- Serve with steamed veggies or however you would like!
Recipe adapted from Bushel and a Peck