Here’s a fun pizza for you and the cool part is it can cook while you are at work, and assemble it pretty easy when you are ready. It does require a few ordered-in special ingredients but if can plan ahead, you’re golden!
Miyoko makes a fabulous vegan cheese. Their mozzarella is clean and comes fresh.
Sami’s bakery makes a clean pizza crust and it’s thicker than the usual gluten free ones found in restaurants. But, they do not have a dedicated facility so please beware and use your best judgement. We’ve been eating some of sami’s products for a couple years now, and I love that their pizza crust has some density to it. I know that shipping will seem expensive, but there are other companies who charge more for the crusts and less for shipping. When I compared 12 pizza crusts from two companies (the other was Venice Beach), the price was almost identical.
1 lb pasture-raised and naturally fed chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
2 cups tomato sauce (best if you can get it in a glass jar to avoid leaching of metals)
½ yellow onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2½ Tbsp garam masala powder
1 tsp dried ginger
½ tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
pinch of cayenne pepper
Vegan Mozzarella From Miyoko
½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Add the tomato sauce, onions, garlic, garam masala, ginger, paprika, salt, and cayenne pepper to the crockpot. Place the chicken on top and cook on low for 6 hours.
- When the sauce has 30 minutes left to cook, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove the chicken from the sauce and give it a rough chop.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and stir in the vegan cheese. Return the chicken back to the sauce.
- Brush the crust with a little olive oil, then spoon the chicken and sauce onto the pizza crust.
- Sprinkle with fresh cilantro and serve hot.
PS – I’m def not a food photographer. Sorry for a stock photo! Now, go make some PiZZa!