I made these the other night and they were delicious! Tasted just like the seasoning packet you can buy at the store but so much better for you. It just feels better to eat something you know is homemade and know exactly what is in it.
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
about 3 tablespoons coconut oil to grease pan for cooking
1 1/2 pounds free range boneless, skinless chicken breast sliced into strips
2 colorful organic bell peppers, stem and core removed, sliced
1 onion, thinly sliced
other toppings you make like (tomatoes, cilantro, avocado, salsa, etc.)
8 wraps/tortillas of your choice (there are several brands of grain-free tortillas’ these days – try Nuco, or Sieta brands)
- Make the fajita seasoning by combining chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the strips of chicken to the pan, and sprinkle with 3/4 of the fajita seasoning. Mix together and cook for 6 to 10 minutes, or until browned.
- Add the peppers and onions. Stir in the remaining fajita seasoning. Cook until the vegetables are soft, about 8 to10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- To assemble the fajitas, fill tortillas with a mix of chicken, peppers, onions, and any other toppings you may like.
Recipe adapted from Greatist