These brussel sprouts are delicious! It makes a great side with any meal! As you probably know, brussel sprouts are one of the cruciferous vegetables and they are FABULOUSLY healthy for us! They contain sulfur which our liver needs to help us make Glutathione. They are so much better than brussels were when we were in grade school so if you haven’t tried them since then, you owe it to yourself (and your health) to give them a try!
1 1/2 pounds Brussel Sprouts
3-4 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup 100% apple juice or apple cider
1 Tbsp REAL maple syrup
ground cinnamon for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. To prepare the brussel sprouts, remove any yellow or brown outer leaves, cut off the stems, and cut in halves or quarters. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss Brussels sprouts with enough olive oil to coat. Season with pepper and optional salt.
3. Roast brussel sprouts for about 30 to 40 minutes, depending on the size. Check every 10 minutes, turning frequently with a spatula to ensure even roasting, until they feel tender with a fork.
4. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, cook and stir apple cider and maple syrup over medium heat until it comes to a simmer. Let simmer, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes, or until it reduces to a syrup-like consistency.
5. Drizzle the roasted brussel sprout with apple cider syrup and lightly dust with cinnamon.
Recipe Adapted from Chef Chloe