These are super quick and easy for breakfast and taste great alone or pair well with other breakfast foods. Sweet potatoes and onions are on the Clean 15 list so they are typically exposed to less pesticides (but I still prefer to buy organic). But bell peppers are one of the dirty dozen so it is best to buy those organic. Produce on the dirty dozen list has tested positive for 47 to 67 different chemicals!
1 large sweet potato, about 4 cups shredded (organic preferred)
1/3 cup onion, chopped
1/3 cup organic red pepper, chopped
optional seasonings (salt, pepper, paprika or cayenne)
1. In a skillet over medium heat, sauté the onion and pepper for about 5 minutes.
2. While the onion and pepper are cooking, shred your sweet potato.
3. Remove the onions and peppers from heat and place in a large mixing bowl.
4. Add the shredded sweet potato and 2 eggs to the onion and pepper mixture. Combine with hands until thoroughly combined. Season with salt, pepper, cayenne, or paprika (whatever seasonings you like!)
5. Form the mixture into patties (approximately 6).
6. Heat a skillet over medium heat- add a little fat of your choice to grease the pan.
7. Cook the patties until golden brown on each side.