I made this Harvest Vegetable Soup for dinner last night and it was a huge hit!
This is a perfect recipe for this time of year.
It is prime time for all of these vegetables, I’m sure you could find them at your local farmers’ market, if not in your own garden!
The original Harvest Soup Recipe calls for Herbs de Provence, which I substituted with Italian seasoning and I still thought it tasted great. I also used a pinch of dried rosemary instead of a rosemary sprig- but do what works for you!
Harvest Soup Ingredients:
1 tsp+ olive oil
1 large onion, diced
½ tsp salt (I omit and add at the table)
6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
3 carrots, diced (or more!)
1 cup diced celery (I used more!)
1 Tbsp Herbes de Provence or Italian Seasoning
6 cups veggie broth ( I make my own; this is a great base)
1 4-inch sprig rosemary
1 small butternut squash, peeled and cubed (about 4 ½ cups)
4 cups kale, finely chopped (no stems)
1 large tomato, diced
It’s very versatile and you could add parsley, cilantro…
1. Heat oil in a soup pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and salt and cook until the onion softens and begins to brown.
2. Add garlic. Cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute until fragrant.
3. Add carrots, celery and Herbs de Provence. Cover but stir often and cook until the vegetables begin to brown.
4. Add broth and rosemary and bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat and bring to a simmer. Add squash and cook until soft.
6. Add kale and tomatoes and cook until kale is tender.
7. Remove rosemary spring and serve!
You might also enjoy this non-dairy broccoli soup recipe