Ginger carrot soup is easy and delicious. Cheap too!
This is a great seasonal soup for these cooler fall nights and SO easy! It is loaded with vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, and anti-oxidants.
Carrots are known for their Vitamin A (great for your eye health- helps prevent cataracts and macular degeneration), Vitamin K (helps your blood clot), Vitamin C (helps body repair wounds and maintain bones and teeth), and fiber (helps regulate bowel movements and keep you full longer).
Ginger destroys pathogens in the GI tract that could potentially develop into SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth).
Enjoy some warm, comforting ginger carrot soup!
Ginger Carrot Soup Ingredients:
1. Add onion, garlic, and 1/4 cup broth to a pot. Saute over medium heat until onions are translucent.
2. Add carrots and ginger. Cover with lid and cook for about 5 minutes.
3. Add the rest of the vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Then reduce to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
4. Add the mixture to a blender and puree until smooth. Or use a stick blender.
5. Return to the pot and return to simmer.
6. Scoop into 4 soup bowls and garnish with cilantro.
If you want to go the extra mile, you can make a cashew cream sauce.
- Place 1/2 cup cashews in a bowl. Cover with water and soak for about 2 hours. Drain and rinse thoroughly.
- Place soaked cashews in the bowl of a food processor or blender with 1/2 cup water, some garlic, and salt. Puree until very, very smooth. Thin out with more water to desired consistency.
Is your health affecting your life so much that it’s affecting your quality of life? You are not alone. You can learn how to take charge of your body and your health. You can take that trip, get a good night’s sleep, perform your job to the best of your abilities, and say yes more than no! If you are sick and tired of being sick and tired, I would like to invite you to consider my Nutrition Foundations Program. It is a carefully planned out, comprehensive curriculum, plus live support classes, which will lay the foundations for getting your health (and life) back where you want it to be. Learn More Here.
♥ Tracy Konoske MS RDN
Americas Virtual and Integrative Nutritionist
Food & Health Expert
Helping people with chronic and mystery illness recover their health!
Specializing in Gastrointestinal Conditions, Immune Dysfunction, Toxicity Issues, and Neurological symptoms.
CEO & Founder of Healthy Lifestyles, Inc (since 1999)