I’m here with the scoop about why I’ve been AWOL in my nutrition business…
How it all started…
As you may know, I was told by my doctor that I had chronic neurological Lyme and Epstein Barr Virus in the fall of 2015. It started with some GI symptoms and progressed. By fall, I couldn’t ride in a car due to nausea, and the fatigue and anxiety were increasing. I closed my nutrition practice to patients the entire year of 2016 to focus on my health and healing. Johny, my husband, lived up to his part of “for better or worse, in sickness and in health”. ?
I spent hundreds and hundreds – maybe thousands – of hours researching pathogens and neurological inflammation, implemented my own treatment plan……and by the spring of 2017, I was able to exercise-walk with a lightly loaded backpack, and I had just started accepting patients again.
Then the day happened I wish I could do over…
April 11th of 2017…..a day I will never forget. I finished work and drove to town for groceries and I was rear-ended at high speed while stopped at a light. I was completely dazed, traumatized, and in shock. All I could think about was how hard I worked to get my health back.
When I got home, I took some homeopathic remedies and started icing my neck. The next day, I scheduled all kinds of therapies to mitigate damage to my body. I was knee deep in more treatment plans again, and driving to multiple appointments each week.
Keeping in touch with my community,
~ people like you ~
was put on the back burner.
The cluster of everything going on – shopping for a another car, tracking everything for insurance purposes, multiple types of therapies several days a week plus the commute and home care, researching new protocols for physical injuries – triggered a relapse in my Lyme/EBV and a return of some of those symptoms. Lesson learned. The thoughts and fears I had turned in to my reality.
And about 5 months after the accident, to add insult to injury, I started gaining weight which meant investing MORE time into research, treatment plans, and self care!
I had a lot on my to-do list,
and newsletters and social media posts
were still on the back burner.
AWOL = Absent from one’s post without intent to desert.
If you had told me I wouldn’t send a newsletter for 2+ years and would mostly drop off social media for more than 2 years after the wreck, I wouldn’t have believed you, but it’s how it played out.
- I just didn’t have any extra energy or desire to be lifting everyone else up with new recipes, articles, and tips. And healing is a marathon, not a sprint, so weeks turned in to months and months turned in to 2+ years!
- And, I was so self conscious about the weight gain it made it hard to be in front of a camera.
Fast Forward to Today
- The insurance company took responsibility for the accident. I’m still sorting out chronic pain in my neck. Imaging shows my disc is gone and I may need disc replacement surgery.
- The Lyme/EBV symptoms eventually resolved (again). ?
- My neck has some long-term nerve and ligament damage which is slow to heal but there’s been a huge improvement overall and I expect a full recovery eventually. Practicing what I preach right? Our bodies are designed to heal!
- In time, I was able to exercise lightly again, and then I hired a trainer for accountability and joined a gym and I am working on getting my strength back again. I rebound daily again, and I go to the gym 3 days a week. I’ve lost about half the weight I gained. At my age, it doesn’t come easy but I am making progress!
- And now, it’s time to get my business back in shape too! I’ve hired a team and we’ve been doing a lot behind the scenes even though you aren’t hearing much from me (yet).
My apologies to you through this journey.
I certainly didn’t see this coming.
If you made it this far through my story, thanks for caring. Seriously. I still love being a nutritionist and this experience is making me a better practitioner because of all the research I’ve done.
What does the future look like?
I’ll be addressing these health conditions in one-on-one consults, newsletters, social media LIVE events, and social media posts…
- GI Issues (IBS, SIBO, food intolerances including histamine intolerances, reflux, bloating….)
- Brain Fog
- Mild or Moderate Chronic Pain
- Neurological conditions (vertigo, restless legs, tics, tremors, traveling pain…)
- Skin conditions of any type
- PMS or menopause symptoms
- Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) and other herpetic viral strains
- Thyroid conditions especially hypo as I have now been off my thyroid meds 3 years this fall and my labs indicate my thyroid is healed and I no longer need the medication
- Methylation SNP’s (MTHFR)
Let’s talk bloating…
I was SO bloated during my own healing that I couldn’t even take care of my own toenails!! I sorted through the root causes, and cures, and have a new eBook: “ 17 Secrets to Heal Annoying Bloating.”
I laid out the physiology of WHY people get bloating in the first place plus (5) short-term solutions, and (12) long-term solutions.
In my spare time (ha ha), I have been working behind the scenes on a new way for you to learn what you need to know to heal, but for cheap.
Last but not least…
Watch for “Nutrition Foundations – Step by Step Building Blocks to Restore Your Health” to come along in early 2020. It is “The Best of Tracy Konoske” after 20 years in business! So far, it’s about 50 lessons that can be purchased and you can work through the material and implement the action steps at your own pace. It will be packaged with bi-monthly group calls and will really help you move forward in your healing, but at their your pace and for a fraction of the cost of private sessions. I’m really excited to make this available!
Well, thank you for reading this long post! ? Now you have the complete story of why I’ve been AWOL from my nutrition business for so long!
Thank you to those of you who have missed me and reached out on social media and asked if I’m okay. ?
I am “Keeping The Faith” and Walking my Talk!
P.S. Are you on my mailing list?
- Exclusive content not shared on any other platform
- More personal information, from my house to yours
- Deepest discounts on products and services
- First to know about upcoming events, LIVE’s on FB/IG/Youtube
- Click here