With international travel and how connected we are these days, getting the flu is an all-year possibility.
We’re **all** exposed 24/7. Whether you get sick or not depends on the health of your immune system.
And just because you are one of those who “never get sick” it doesn’t mean you’re out of the woods. Pathogens compete for territory and the stronger pathogen can take out the weaker pathogen, and so you might not get a little cold but the Goliath pathogen is growing stronger each day. They hide in organs and make it harder for our immune system to attack, and they replicating in number. Pathogens are opportunistic and take advantage of your stressful days or sleepless nights.
These things affect our immune health:
- An acidic (animal foods, dairy products, refined foods), low nutrient dense, diet without enough fresh fruits and veggies. Unless you live where gardens produce food year round, most of us eat more cooked foods when the temps drop. And cooked foods just don’t offer us the same benefits that live, fresh fruits & veg do.
- Decreased fluids – again – we tend to eat fewer fresh fruits & veggies –> decreased hydration. And, we’re not conscious of being thirsty and it can be harder to adequately hydrate in the winter when we tend to drink more herbal tea instead of lemon water.
- Are we eating more processed sugars? Likely, as the holidays roll around right?
- Less time in nature. It’s reality for most of us. It just is harder to get out for a walk or go to the gym at 6 AM when it’s brrrrr degrees out.
- Less sunshine, which affects all of our nutrient stores (not just vitamin D).
- Zinc and vitamin C status
But you CAN create and maintain health, by optimizing your diet, adding a few key supplements, thus supporting a healthy strong immune system.
To start with, my personal recommendation is don’t get a flu shot. It’s 100% not necessary and is even harmful as its a source of heavy metals (injected straight into the bloodstream no less).
- Stay hydrated with lemon or lime water throughout the day. Drink one quart upon waking and another quart (or more) between lunch and dinner. Minimize or eliminate dehydrating drinks like coffee, soda and the like.
- Add 10 drops (15 mg) of ionic zinc concentrate to your morning quart of lemon/lime water. This ionic zinc is the same form that is found in food. It is the RDA of zinc for you adults. It does not have to go to the liver and be transformed/processed (unlike other forms of zinc).
- Juice 1 apple and 1-2″ of fresh ginger daily. You can do this after your quart of lemon water.
- Follow up the apple/ginger shot with 1 quart of dark leafy green juice daily. A masticating juicer is ideal for this and drink the juice within 30 to 60 minutes if you can.
- Incorporate 3 tsp of Sovereign Silver Hydrosol into your daily routine. This is not the same as colloidal silver and no, you won’t turn blue. Silver Hydrosol is like a magnet as it is negatively charged and it is attracted to pathogens. It is nano sized particles and easily excreted. It is incredibly effective.
- Take high dose vitamin C every single day. As excess vitamin C can cause loose stools, the definition of “high dose” is different for everyone. But a minimal dose for most would be 4-8 grams a day. And in an acute situation, I often recommend a gram an hour. If you are worried about the RDA for vitamin C, don’t. There is something seriously wrong with how it was formulated. Hamsters need more vitamin C than humans are allotted. Just consider it part of the mis-information from The System that is meant to keep you sick.
- (Eat plenty of whole fresh foods throughout the day. Gods foods. FACT – the more whole foods plants you eat, the healthier you will be. You knew this right?)
If the flu is making progress, you can add a few of these things to your protocol:
- Increase the Silver Hydrosol to 7x/day.
- Gargle ionic zinc. Put several dropperful in the back of your throat and gargle away. The zinc will be absorbed straight into your lymphatic system where it can act quickly. Be sure that you have some food in your stomach as this concentrated zinc will cause nausea on an empty stomach. Believe me!
- If you can manage it, add a 2nd quart of green juice in the afternoon and feel free to add ginger or turmeric root to it!
- Olive leaf
- Elderberry syrup
- Mullein leaf
- Lomatium root
- Thyme tea
- The homeopathics Oscillococcinum and Influenzinum
- A salt inhaler with essential oils like fir or eucalyptus
- Essential oils in general are wonderful. Consider Thyme, On Guard, Oregano, Eucalyptus…
- Nebulizing sovereign silver hydrosol
- Stay hydrated and aim to urinate once per hour
I recommend that any and all herbal tinctures be alcohol free as the alcohol is corn-derived and the alcohol denatures and fractures the herbs. They are also not typically as potent as the herbs in a glycerin base.
Should the flu get ahead of you, and you get a fever, there’s a few more things you should know:
- If you have a fever, clear liquids only! Your power to digest any food is severely compromised when you are febrile. And if you must eat, keep it light and avoid foods that stimulate the viral process (like gluten, dairy, eggs, corn, grains…). if you need some ice cream, how about a non-dairy choice.
- Straight cucumber juice, or coconut water, will bring down a fever.
- Stay hydrated.
See you next time! Stay Healthy!
PS – if you need help with brands, dosing, and more specifics…schedule an Ask Tracy session. After my own diagnosis of Chronic Lyme (which really means the pathogens beat my immune system) immune support is one of “my things”. You CAN strengthen your immune system which will protect you not only from a flu, but Lyme, cancer, auto immune progression, chronic pain, etc.