3 Tbsp coconut oil
3 leeks (whites only), chopped
1 sweet onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 carrots, peeled, sliced
1 butternut squash, peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
8 cups vegetable stock
2, 14 oz glass jars of diced tomatoes (avoid cans as much as you can LOL)
2 sprigs fresh thyme
1 Tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
2 Tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
juice of 1/2 lemon
1. In a large soup pot, heat the coconut oil over medium heat.
2. When hot, add the leeks, garlic, and onion. Cook until onion is translucent (~5 mins).
3. Add the carrots and squash and cook for another 5 mins.
4. Add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
5. Add the tomatoes, fresh herbs, and salt and pepper. Simmer on low eat until the veggies are tender (~30 mins).
6. Add lemon juice if you wish. Serve and enjoy!
DIY (Healthy) Vegetable Broth:
8 cups water
2 onions, coarsely chopped
1 cup fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
2-3 carrots, coarsely chopped
2-3 celery stalks, coarsely chopped
2 fresh tomatoes, quartered
1 cup fresh mushrooms (or equivalent dried)
Optional depending on how you’ll use the broth: Thyme, oregano, ginger, garlic, sage..
RECIPE FROM Three Beans on a String
About Tracy Konoske, MS, RDN
Tracy Konoske is an eclectic clinician and uses a blend of natural, integrative, functional, and personalized medicine to help her patients feel their best. Tracy understands that there are 4 drivers of chronic disease: Toxins, Infections, Stress, and Diet. And it's often a combination of all 4 that lead to a chronic health condition, and thus it takes a treatment plan addressing each of the 4 to resolve and reclaim good health. Tracy has recovered from 2 "perfect storm" situations which had drastic effects on her health and led to multiple mystery illnesses and diagnosis including Lyme.
By reducing the burden of these triggers, Tracy is successfully resolving:
- Fatigue (anemia's, adrenals, thyroid-related, chronic fatigue syndrome, ME-CFS)
- Auto Immune Conditions (Hashimoto's, Lupus, MS, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Celiac)
- Mental Health Conditions (anxiety, depression, OCD, ADD/ADHD)
- Cognitive Dysfunction (trouble concentrating, forgetfulness, symptoms of early Alzheimer's)
- Digestive Disorders (low hydrochloric acid, "leaky gut", Candida Albicans, Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth SIBO, IBS, Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis)
- Migraines and chronic headaches
If you've one or more of the above-mentioned conditions, or have been told you have Lyme or chronic Lyme, there's a good chance you are in the right place.
If you have a history of chronic sore throats, tonsillitis or tonsillectomy, mononucleosis, glandular fever, shingles, and/or cold sores, there's a good chance you are in the right place.
There are no coincidences. All good things come from God.