Start Healing Now! How?
Juicing is a great way to get in extra vitamins and minerals. And it’s REAL food, not just pills in a container.
Juicing is an incredible food-as-medicine tool if you are suffering from ANY chronic disease -like Lyme, Fibromyalgia, auto immune disorders, Epstein Barr Virus, SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth).
I often get asked about the wasted pulp and why not just do a smoothie. In short, I think it’s important to have BOTH.
- Yes, smoothies provide whole food nutrition.
- But so many of us need extra nutrition for a variety of reasons. And juicing offers a plethora of anti-oxidants, phytochemicals, and co-factors that are easily absorbed.
This is one of my favorite green juice recipes. It’s a great place to start if you are new to juicing.
Please note that the ingredients are all approximations. Feel free to adjust to your own taste. If you are new to fresh ginger I would start with a little less, or if you don’t have any on hand you can substitute fresh lemon or lime.
Of course organic is optimal but if you have to choose, it’s best to get your leafy greens organic as they are so sensitive and don’t have a cover to protect them like some fruits do.
PS – I’m not a big believer in the oxalate theory and health, but if you feel oxalates affect your health, know that this juice recipe might not be fore you. My own personal take on it is that if you really work to clean up the liver, “high oxalate” foods aren’t a problem. It’s only when the liver is congested that we can’t adequately biotransform oxalates, salicylates, histamines, etc.
2 cups kale
2 cups spinach
1 English cucumber (consider peeling if it’s not organic)
6-8 celery sticks
1 cup parsley (incredibly alkalizing!)
1/2 an apple
1-2″ knob of fresh ginger
*Tip: juice some ginger on its own and freeze it in ice cube trays. Add a cube to fresh juice or a glass of water for a refreshing, calming drink.
1. Add all ingredients to your juicer. Pour in a glass and enjoy as is or over ice.
About Tracy Konoske, MS, RDN
Tracy Konoske is an eclectic clinician and uses a blend of natural, integrative, functional, and personalized medicine to help her patients feel their best. Tracy understands that there are 4 drivers of chronic disease: Toxins, Infections, Stress, and Diet. And it's often a combination of all 4 that lead to a chronic health condition, and thus it takes a treatment plan addressing each of the 4 to resolve and reclaim good health. Tracy has recovered from 2 "perfect storm" situations which had drastic effects on her health and led to multiple mystery illnesses and diagnosis including Lyme.
By reducing the burden of these triggers, Tracy is successfully resolving:
- Fatigue (anemia's, adrenals, thyroid-related, chronic fatigue syndrome, ME-CFS)
- Auto Immune Conditions (Hashimoto's, Lupus, MS, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Celiac)
- Mental Health Conditions (anxiety, depression, OCD, ADD/ADHD)
- Cognitive Dysfunction (trouble concentrating, forgetfulness, symptoms of early Alzheimer's)
- Digestive Disorders (low hydrochloric acid, "leaky gut", Candida Albicans, Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth SIBO, IBS, Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis)
- Migraines and chronic headaches
If you've one or more of the above-mentioned conditions, or have been told you have Lyme or chronic Lyme, there's a good chance you are in the right place.
If you have a history of chronic sore throats, tonsillitis or tonsillectomy, mononucleosis, glandular fever, shingles, and/or cold sores, there's a good chance you are in the right place.
There are no coincidences. All good things come from God.