You have (2) options:
- Purchase and schedule a Get Acquainted session in which the two of us will determine if we are a good, long-term fit (6 month package of sessions and we meet 2x/month)
- Ask Tracy sessions which are A la-carte. They are just like they sound. Schedule as you need/want help. These do not include a medical intake form, communication with your provider, review of any lab work, etc.
About working together long-term:
As someone helping patients who have been to “all the specialists” and have “tried everything”, you know that real help doesn’t come in just a few sessions right? Unwinding the disease process takes time, and some trial and error – because no two people respond the same way.
You’ll start out completing a comprehensive Medical Intake Form (26 pages), along with a list of all prescription and over-the-counter medicines and supplements you are taking. You’ll also complete a symptom survey so that we have a baseline to reference as we move forward.
I only work within 6-month packages, and we meet 2x per month.
I limit the number of patients on my case load at any one time so that each patient is getting the attention and care that he/she deserves.
Many people wonder what to expect. Just like people, we are not all the same. But what you CAN expect in working with me is that I will:
- Be treating you as a unique individual – there is not a one-size-fits-all method to my work.
- Reviewing your entire medical history with probably the most comprehensive intake form you’ve ever done
- Be listening to you and your health story, in an effort to try and connect the dots. In Functional Medicine, all of the organ systems “talk” to each other. Meaning your GI tract talks to your immune system, your endocrine system, your brain, etc……..Your thyroid gland and your adrenal glands act in concert together. Your ability to detoxify, or not, affects your cognition, your risk of cardiovascular disease, your energy levels. It goes on and on. I also understand the role of emotions and stress on physiology and so emphasis is placed on treating the “whole” person, not pieces and parts.
- Researching your case behind the scenes. I estimate that for each 45-50 minute session we have, I will spend another 30 minutes prepping for our session and getting you materials you’ll need. I also budget about 15-30 minutes after our session to complete your chart note, send you any homework, and to send you any support materials. Additionally, each package has a few hours of research also budgeted in. It’s important to me that I have some “quiet time” with your chart to make sure that I am not missing anything. This isn’t cookie-cutter medicine and the reason you have XYZ disease or condition is not necessarily the reason another patient has the same condition.
What you can also expect in working with me is that YOU too will have homework. At a minimum, plan on spending several hours outside of our sessions working on your health. This might include watching video’s, reading articles, reading a book, and it most certainly involves shopping for, and preparing your healing food.
This is absolutely a joint effort and if you pursue working with me, you should be in a place in life that you can commit to the process. I can’t do this without action on your part…….and obviously you are looking for a different kind of help.
About Tracy Konoske, MS, RDN
Tracy Konoske is an eclectic clinician and uses a blend of natural, integrative, functional, and personalized medicine to help her patients feel their best. Tracy understands that there are 4 drivers of chronic disease: Toxins, Infections, Stress, and Diet. And it's often a combination of all 4 that lead to a chronic health condition, and thus it takes a treatment plan addressing each of the 4 to resolve and reclaim good health. Tracy has recovered from 2 "perfect storm" situations which had drastic effects on her health and led to multiple mystery illnesses and diagnosis including Lyme.
By reducing the burden of these triggers, Tracy is successfully resolving:
- Fatigue (anemia's, adrenals, thyroid-related, chronic fatigue syndrome, ME-CFS)
- Auto Immune Conditions (Hashimoto's, Lupus, MS, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Celiac)
- Mental Health Conditions (anxiety, depression, OCD, ADD/ADHD)
- Cognitive Dysfunction (trouble concentrating, forgetfulness, symptoms of early Alzheimer's)
- Digestive Disorders (low hydrochloric acid, "leaky gut", Candida Albicans, Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth SIBO, IBS, Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis)
- Migraines and chronic headaches
If you've one or more of the above-mentioned conditions, or have been told you have Lyme or chronic Lyme, there's a good chance you are in the right place.
If you have a history of chronic sore throats, tonsillitis or tonsillectomy, mononucleosis, glandular fever, shingles, and/or cold sores, there's a good chance you are in the right place.
There are no coincidences. All good things come from God.